Also known as BOTOX® Cosmetic, Dysport® or botulinum toxin type A
Botulinum toxin (Type A) is a cosmetic injection that blocks the nerve signals that cause muscles to contract. This effect relaxes and smooths the look of lines and wrinkles caused by repetitive movements on the face, most commonly, between the brows, crow’s feet around the eyes, and horizontal forehead creases. Botulinum toxin is also used cosmetically to balance facial asymmetry and relax tight neck bands (also called Nefertiti neck lifting) as well as medically to reduce excessive sweating of the underarms, palms and soles of feet. It is also used selectively to treat migraine headaches and muscle spasticity.
When to consider botulinum toxin
• Deep lines between your eyes make you look tired, angry, sad, or upset.
• Your facial expressions cause wrinkles in and around your eyes and forehead.
• There is asymmetry in your eyebrows or face that can be corrected by relaxing a muscle.
• You suffer from migraine headaches and botulinum toxin may provide relief from this condition.
Are you a good candidate for botulinum toxin injections?
• You may consider botulinum toxin injections for cosmetic reasons if you are developing lines and wrinkles on your face due to common facial movements. Depending on genetics, lines can appear on the face as early as your late twenties to as late as your early forties. If you are prone to developing lines and to making facial expressions that lead to wrinkles, your plastic surgeon may also recommend using botulinum toxin as a preventative measure.
• Certain wrinkles or creases in the face caused by the weakening or sinking of the soft tissue, such as the nasolabial folds, which extend from the sides of the nose to the corners of the mouth, are generally best treated with fillers, fat grafts or surgery (although occasionally botulinum toxin is used to soften or partially improve them).
• If you are in good general health, have a positive attitude and realistic expectations, you are most likely a good candidate for this procedure.
Things to think about before treatment with botulinum toxin:
• Injections are relatively painless and carry a low risk, with little to no downtime.
• Can help you appear less angry and more approachable.
• Make subtle changes that give you a refreshed or well-rested look.
• Effects of injections will only last three to six months.
• Risk of droopy eye or muscle if injected incorrectly.
• If area to be injected is sensitive, bruising may occur.
Dr Adnan will be happy to discuss whether this procedure is right for you and how it could transform your life in an initial consultation.
Cost of Anti Wrinkles in Dubai
The cost of treatment based on number of units used. Each unit is of 50 AED (excluding VAT). Therefore if 50 units used the cost would be 2500 AED.