2 – 3 Hours
Surgery is done in general anaesthesia administration.
Surgery is done on an outpatient basis; however, if the patient insists or case demands, you may be hospitalised for a night stay.
The sutures will recover in one week. You can get back to work in one to two weeks. Complete recovery may require months.
Table Of Contents
Eyelift surgery, also known as blepharoplasty, is a common cosmetic eye surgery that aims to enhance the eye’s appearance by tightening the upper and lower eyelid skin by removing crow lines, eye bags, and saggy skin.
The blepharoplasty gives a refreshed look to the face and improves overall facial aesthetics. However, the results may vary person-to-person. Here are some blepharoplasty results:
The science behind how Bleheroplasty Improves eye’s appearance
The skin around the eyes is particularly vulnerable to age-related changes. By 35 years of age, most people notice that skin below the eyes becomes thinner and sagging. Over the years, as the natural ageing process continues, excess skin above the eyes and puffy bags below the eyes become more noticeable. These characteristics contribute to an aged and tired appearance, and the excess skin on the upper eyelids contributes to vision problems.
Eyelid surgery technically referred to as blepharoplasty, is a surgical procedure that removes excess skin and reduces fat pockets, making the upper and lower eyelids smoother, contributing to a more youthful appearance. However, blepharoplasty does not eliminate black circles around the eyes and wrinkles commonly known as “crow’s feet.” Therefore blepharoplasty is usually coupled with other procedures for optimal results – eyebrow lift, eye circles filling with hyaluronic acid or nano-fat, or “crow’s feet” treatment with botulinum toxin.
Who can consider eyelid surgery In Dubai?
You can consider yourself a candidate for blepharoplasty in Dubai if you suffer the following conditions:
Things to think about before eyelid surgery
Eyelid surgery in Dubai is a very common cosmetic procedure because several people want youthful restorative looks. Dr Tahir has been doing various cosmetic surgeries for a decade, so he is well-versed in the minutest complication that may occur during the surgery. Hence, before planning a surgery, he discusses every detail, including the advantages and limitations of surgery with patients that helps them decide to choose the surgery. Here are some common benefits and limitations of the surgery.
- The surgery will eliminate the puffiness and bags under your lower lids and the hooded skin on your upper lids, making you appear younger and healthier.
- You may no longer have vision problems related to overhanging eyelids.
- Any scars from the eye lift will be hidden in your natural eyelid creases, making them almost invisible.
- The surgery will not give instant visible results. However,
- You’ll likely be bruised and swollen, and your eyes may be itchy and dry following the procedure.
- If your eyebrows droop and you have creases in your forehead, you may also need a brow lift.
Dr Adnan will be happy to discuss whether this procedure is right for you and how it could transform your life in an initial consultation.
Cost of Eyelid Surgery in Dubai
The cost of upper Eyelid Blepharoplasty in Dubai starts from 20,000 AED, while lower eyelid surgery starts from 25,000 AED and both together 35,000 AED (excluding VAT). The final cost is determined at the time of consultation after considering the following factors:
- Tests prescribed for eye surgery
- Eyelid surgery( either upper or lower or both eyelids)
- The extent of sagginess and wrinkle removal required
- Any other complementary surgery is required, for example, brow-lift, for complete transformation
Alternative techniques Of Bleheroplasty In Dubai
- BOTOX injection
- Injectable fillers
- Fat injectables
- Laser eye lift without surgery
All About The Surgical Procedure
If you think you are a candidate for hooded eye surgery or blepharoplasty, then do not think twice and visit Dr Tahir in Dubai for consultation. Dr Tahir would like to learn about your expectations, do a detailed face analysis and answer your queries about hooded eyes surgery.
He would also ask for a detailed medical history to curate a surgery and take extra precautions for any specific condition.
The procedure for surgery is as follows:
- Get some lab tests done
- Make adjustments in current medications and prescribe certain other medications
- Discontinue medications including herbal supplements, aspirin, and anti-inflammatory drugs
- Ask to follow a specific diet plan to prepare your eye for surgery
Step 1: Anesthesia
The surgeon will inject anaesthesia into the surgical site to numb the region during surgery.
Step 2: Incision
The surgeon will mark the areas around the eye to make incisions. Then very diligently, the surgeon makes an incision according to the type of eyelid surgery; for example: for the upper eyelid, the surgeon will make an incision along the natural crease of the upper eyelid, while in the lower eyelid surgery, the incision is made right below the lower eyelash. Then the surgeon will make necessary alterations and removal in the skin’s folds, muscles, fat, and tissue to seek results.
Step 3: Closing Incisions
Finally, the surgeon adjusts the skin’s fold and closes the incision with sutures. The sutures are either dissolvable or are opened in the following week of surgery.
Post-op Care: Recovery
You will be taken to the rest area, where you will be asked to rest your eyes with your head up. The doctor will also prescribe certain medications for sutures healing. The recovery will happen in the following phases:
- First, the doctor will give pain medications for 2-5 days.
- Next, the pulling sensation, dryness, bruises will subside in one to two weeks.
- Finally, the sutures will open or be dissolved in two weeks.
- You will be able to work in one to two weeks.
- Complete recovery will take months.
Reach out to him right away!