Fillers are a type of minimally invasive aesthetic medicine used to add volume, alter the contours of the face, and fill in wrinkles. Common areas to inject fillers are in the face, neck, and hands resulting in a fuller, smoother and more youthful appearance. Dermal fillers are among the most popular aesthetic procedures because they carry immediate results, very few risks and little recovery time. Advanced use of fillers can cause a subtle face-lifting effect and can be used in combination with other injectables like platelet rich plasma (PRP) to enhance the rejuvenation and lifting effect. Typically, fillers can last for up to one to two years depending on the product used and the area injected.
When to consider fillers
• Deep lines between your eyes make you look tired, angry, sad, or upset
• Your facial expressions cause wrinkles in and around your eyes and forehead
• There is asymmetry in your eyebrows or face that can be corrected by relaxing a muscle
• You suffer from migraine headaches and botulinum toxin may provide relief from this condition
Things to think about before fillers:
• Filler injections are quick and modern fillers are mixed with local anaesthesia to minimise pain and discomfort
• Results are immediate and there is little to no downtime
• Fillers provide a subtle look that can be adjusted to meet your aesthetic needs
• Fillers are temporary and require repeat injections to maintain your result
• Some people may be sensitive and experience bruising and swelling
• Results are dependent on the experience and qualifications of your injector
• Rare adverse effects such as intra-arterial injection can cause major complications
Dr Adnan will be happy to discuss whether this procedure is right for you and how it could transform your life in an initial consultation.