How Long Should HD Liposuction Results Last?
You may already have a rough idea about what liposuction is and what it does. But you may not be fully aware of its potential to sculpt your body shape and boost your confidence. Read on to find out more about this transformative procedure. Liposuction is a body-sculpting cosmetic procedure that eliminates fat and reshapes your skin to help you look slimmer. It can be used on various parts of the body such as the tummy, shoulders, breasts, face, buttocks, thighs, and more. The procedure liquefies fat and removes it through suction. The HD liposuction is an advanced liposuction method that utilises the latest technology and equipment -VASER – to optimise the traditional lipo procedure and give the best results with faster recovery and sustainable results.
How is liposuction carried out?
HD liposuction is carried out with a VASER machine to strategically break down or liquefy fat and drain it with suction. It’s done in a way that allows the muscles underneath to show through with more definition.
For the first step in the procedure, Dr Adnan applies a special liquid to the targeted area to effortlessly liquefy the fat, then the VASER device is inserted through hidden incisions. The device emits amplified sound energy that vibrates and loosens fat cells. Through a process called “acoustic streaming” the fat is broken down into smaller groups of fat cells that can be extracted easily through suction.
After the fat is dislodged, Dr Adnan starts with the contouring procedure. The smooth dispersion of fat allows more scope for contour reconstruction. He strategically tightens any loose skin over the liposuction area and tucks it into hidden incision folds.
Dr Adnan is one of the respected cosmetic surgeons in Dubai, known for delivering transformational cosmetic surgeries. One of his patients, Tatiana, describes his approach to HD liposuction as “realistic and transparent” and says that her procedure gave her a “body she loves”.
Recovery and results in stages
Recovery can be broken down into the following stages with corresponding results.
- Immediate recovery – After liposuction, Dr Adnan will cover the area with a compression garment to support healing and retain the reshaped skin in its new position. He will attach a cannula in the incision to drain fluid. Typically the surgery is a day procedure but in specific cases he may advise that you stay in hospital so that drainage accumulation can be observed.
- Three to five days after surgery – You will visit Dr Adnan so that your compression garment can be replaced. Depending on how you’re healing, he will check the incision and replace or remove the cannula.
- One week after surgery – Dr Adnan will ask you to massage the liposuction area gently. After one week, you should be able to resume work, as long as no strenuous activity is required.
- One month after surgery – The results will be apparent after a month, and the incisions will be healed and reduced in size.
- Three months after surgery- You can expect your desired results in three months. The incision scar will reduce and become inconspicuous.
As soon as the incision scar heals and your skin adjusts to your new shape, results will start appearing. You will be able to see a visible difference with our HD liposculpture in Dubai in a month, however full liposuction results will be apparent in three months.
Dr Adnan will recommend that you adopt a healthy lifestyle, diet, and exercise and advise you to quit smoking, alcohol and caffeine as they will delay healing and alter results.
How long will my HD liposuction results last?
Generally speaking, HD liposuction results last for a lifetime with good weight management. However, while the fat cells removed with liposuction will not return, residual fats cells may enlarge. A sedentary lifestyle will mean that fat may redeposit and accumulate under the skin again, causing the skin to loosen and forming multiple folds.
Note that if you plan to get pregnant in the future, your skin will stretch and fat will redeposit. This means that you will either need to lose this extra fat with conservative weight management or have revisional liposuction.
This is why Dr Adnan advises adopting a healthy lifestyle before turning to HD liposuction for body contouring. When the body is prepared for weight loss, you will continue to lose weight even after liposuction. But if you think of liposuction as a weight loss procedure, you will be disappointed to know it is not. So for sustainable results, you must be motivated to follow conventional weight loss methods (diet+exercise).
Of course, liposuction is a personal choice and candidates may opt for it for a variety of reasons including to enhance your look, to help you look younger or to help regain your pre-pregnancy body. As long as you are prepared to commit to a healthy lifestyle, the results can be maintained.
How can I maintain my HD liposuction results?
Motivation for maintaining HD liposuction results depends on each individual. Every year Dr Adnan sees several patients wanting revisional liposuction because they could not maintain their previous results. On the other hand, he also has patients who had liposuction a decade ago and have maintained their results well.
While it’s impossible to predict each individual patient’s journey when it comes to maintaining their liposuction results, here are a few tips you can follow to increase your success:
- Diet – Diet plays a significant role in maintaining liposuction results. Dr Adnan will guide you in seeking a nutritionist’s advice and adopting a customised diet that will revitalise your body after liposuction and help you maintain results.
- Exercise – Dr Adnan advises that you start an exercise regime at least six months before your procedure so that your body is in good shape. If you don’t already do this, seek help from a personal trainer who can advise you on an exercise programme before and after surgery.
- Hydration – Drinking plenty of water recharges you, boosts your metabolism and helps to flush out toxins from your body.
- Monitoring – There’s a quote that says, “If you cannot measure it, you cannot improve it”. So track your diet, sleep and weight loss to help motivate you and manage your newly-sculpted body.
If you are obese or suffer from a health condition which means that you cannot lose a significant amount of weight, you should be aware that fat may re-accumulate after your HD liposculpture in Dubai. However, maintaining a healthy lifestyle will help you achieve the results you want over time.
Are there any risks associated with liposuction?
Liposuction involves a small incision and the removal of fat through suction. Compared to other fat-loss procedures, liposuction involves minimum risk and HD liposuction, referred to as third-generation liposuction, has optimised liposuction results with minimum risk and faster recovery.
However, there is a possibility of the following risks following HD liposuction:
- Swelling in liposuction area
- Incision scar
- Fluid accumulation
Compared to the risk, which can be mitigated with medication and post-procedure management, the benefits are phenomenal; that is why more people are turning to Dr Adnan for HD liposuction in Dubai.
How is HD liposuction better than traditional lipo?
The latest HD liposuction procedure involves third generation liposuction technology that gives better results with less downtime. Liposuction is an old “fat loss” procedure, but the latest VASER liposuction allows surgeons to remove fat smoothly through a small incision and sculpt skin uniformly, promising sustainable results. Patients do not experience significant pain, discomfort or other serious side effects with HD liposuction.
Dr Adnan says, “I feel a sense of achievement when I see people admiring their new self after liposuction”. HD liposuction can be used on various body parts and can be done in combination with other surgeries such as Mommy makeover surgery and breast or buttock augmentation with fat transfer. Compared to other “fat loss” approaches such as tummy-tuck, HD liposuction involves fewer risks, smaller incisions and amazing results too!
Is HD liposuction an option for men?
Yes, liposuction is a great option for men. Men find HD liposuction in Dubai an effective procedure to achieve their “6-pack abs” goal, which isn’t always possible with strenuous workouts. Men also find HD liposculpture effective for treating:
- Gynecomastia for a flatter chest
Gynecomastia is a condition where excess fat accumulates in a man’s breast or breasts, increasing their volume and causing them to protrude. Often men approach Dr Adnan for gynecomastia surgery, thinking surgery is the only treatment option and are delighted to learn that normal male breasts can be achieved with HD liposuction alone.
- Flat abdomen
Sometimes even when men are conscientious about weight management, they find that strict dieting and exercise fail to give them a flat tummy. Opting for HD liposuction in Dubai can remove fat deposits in the tummy and help men regain their six-pack abs after recovery. Here is a taster of one patient’s experience with Dr Adnan, “I had a drooping belly, and I never imagined I could lose it. With HD liposuction, my belly is not only gone, but I feel motivated to maintain liposuction results with a healthy lifestyle”.
- Defined jawline
Face fat can make your face look bigger and older. A chiselled face gives it a sharp and attractive look. HD liposuction on the face helps get rid of under-chin and jawline fat, giving the face a younger look.
Can I plan a pregnancy after liposuction?
Planning a pregnancy after liposuction means the results will be lost with the weight gain and skin expansion associated with pregnancy, taking you right back to where you started. For this reason, Dr Adnan advises women to choose liposuction or mommy makeover(liposuction playing a vital role in this procedure) after completing their family.
However, this does not mean you cannot have revisional liposuction. In fact, several patients have had revisional liposuction by Dr Adnan after having unsatisfactory results from their previous liposuction procedure. What’s more, they’ve been delighted with the results of Dr Adnan’s revisional liposuction work.
Will I need revisional liposuction?
You can have revisional liposuction at any time in the future but having liposuction once does not mean you will need to have revisional liposuction again and again, as is the case with some other cosmetic procedures.
Maintaining a healthy lifestyle mean that revisional liposuction shouldn’t be necessary and HD liposuction has the ability to motivate patients to maintain a healthy lifestyle to sustain their liposuction results.
Is It possible to keep liposuction results for a lifetime?
Yes, your results can last a lifetime. The fat removed will never return but you need to guard against a sedentary lifestyle and a poor diet so that you don’t increase your fat after surgery.
Let’s understand how fat accumulates. What we eat breaks down into sugar, and unused sugar converts into fat which is hard to get rid of. Fat that is not burned by exercising will lead to deposits and rolls of fat will form. That’s why it’s so important to get into healthy habits that will reduce the chances of this happening. Here are our top six tips on adopting a healthy lifestyle so you can keep your liposuction results for a lifetime.
- Choose a healthy diet – Make sure your diet includes carbohydrates, lean proteins, unsaturated fat and vital vitamins and minerals.
- Maintain hydration – Consume 8-12 glasses of water every day. Water flushes toxins and burnt fat out of the body and helps in weight loss. Drinking plenty of water also improves metabolism and helps you exercise for longer, burning more fat.
- Exercise -Diet and exercise are the two most important components of a weight loss regime. Exercise helps reduce fat from all areas of the body. You can also perform specific exercises to burn extra fat in targeted areas.
- Follow your expert’s advice – Dr Adnan will instruct you on what should be done before, during, and after a liposuction procedure. Follow his advice to get the long-term results you desire.
- Maintain a healthy routine at least six months before opting for liposuction – Take heed of the saying, “By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail”. This sums up what’s required when it comes to planning your cosmetic procedure. If you are planning liposuction, you must get into healthy habits six months beforehand. Dr Adnan will be able to advise you on maintaining a healthy lifestyle in preparation for your liposuction.
Tone and sculpt your body with transformative HD liposuction in Dubai by Dr Adnan Tahir, the most respected plastic surgeon in Dubai.