Inverted Nipple and
Areolar Reduction Surgery In Dubai
Inverted Nipple and Areolar Reduction in Dubai
30 minutes to 2 hrs
Surgery is done in general anaesthesia administration.
Night or day stay
Surgery is done on an outpatient basis.
The sutures will recover in one week. You can get back to work in one to two weeks. Complete recovery may require months.
The surgeon will ask to avoid strenuous exercise that can hamper surgery.
Table Of Contents
Inverted nipple and Areola reduction surgery is a simple procedure to reduce the diameter of either one or both areolas. It can be performed alone or in conjugation with a breast lift, breast reduction, breast augmentation, nipple inversion correction. The areolar reduction is recommended to change the shape and size of the areola permanently.
If performed alone, it is performed with local anaesthesia, and a numbing cream is applied, followed by an injection to numb the surgical area. Dr Tahir, one of the pristine plastic surgeons in Dubai, makes the best possible efforts to make surgery comfortable and less embarring.
When Is The Surgery Required?
A significant female population has inverted nipples. This is because the milk ducts are too short, also acting as an impediment to lactating mothers. However, Inverted nipple and areolar reduction in Dubai is looked upon as a restorative surgery which is done for the following reasons:
- Inverted nipples can make women insecure, self-conscious, and embarrassed.
- Fix asymmetry.
- When too many connective tissues block milk ducts causing nipple inversion.
- Correcting flat or wider areola.
- Surgery is required in breast reconstruction.
Procedure Of Inverted Nipple And Areolar Reduction In Dubai
For the surgery of inverted nipple and areolar reduction in Dubai, the surgeon will take the following course of treatment.
- First, the surgeon will discuss medical history and your expectations. Then, the surgeon will analyze breasts to plan for the surgery.
- The surgeon injects a numbing lotion or injects general anaesthesia to numb pain sensations during surgery.
- Then, the surgeon makes tiny incisions carefully at the base nipple to adjust the nipple’s protrusion and areolar part. The surgeon also detaches and re-attaches milk ducts in the right position to help women for milk traction while nursing their babies.
- Once done, the surgeon closes the incision and also provides post-op recovery instructions.
Frequently Asked Questions
This varies from patient to patient depending upon age, pregnancy, and breastfeeding. These procedures may last for a more extended period, but the factors mentioned above can interfere with the result’s longevity.
When performed alone, it will take 30 minutes; otherwise, it will take longer.
The incision can be painful; hence the surgeon uses prolonged acting anaesthesia for pain management. A protective dressing is also applied to make you feel comfortable.
The procedure is designed to address large nipples and areolae. You are an eligible candidate if you dislike the size and shape of the nipples or areolae. It would be best if you had good health and realistic expectations for the procedure.
You may feel reduced sensitivity, scarring, infection, asymmetry, poor nipple sensation, and numbness of the nipples. Breastfeeding difficulties may occur sometimes.
The recovery period of an inverted nipple and areolar reduction surgery in Dubai is just two days as it is a minor procedure. Avoid any heavy strenuous exercise that causes sweating, jerks, and arm movements in the initial days.
Reach out to him right away!