Generally between 2-4 hours
Surgery is performed under general anaesthesia
Night or day stay
1-night hospitalization required
3-4 weeks required for healing or recovery
Rest, avoid exercise or strenuous activities, take timely medications comprising antibiotics and pain killers
Table Of Contents
Dramatic weight loss, weight fluctuation or natural ageing frequently results in sagging skin in areas below the waistline. Lower body lift surgery tightens and sculpts the buttocks, back of the thighs, outer thighs, inner thighs, hips and abdomen. Loose skin that doesn’t show you at your best or causes mobility restrictions is removed. A lower body lift is appropriate if you are near your ideal weight and can be done before or after an upper-body lift procedure. Dr Adnan Tahir is the best body lift plastic surgeon in Dubai.
When can you consider a lower body lift surgery?
Given below are some conditions in which doctors recommend a lower body lift, Dubai:
- If you have suffered too much weight loss due to dieting or bariatric surgery.
- If the layers of fat present below the skin in the hip, thigh, abdomen and buttock areas are relatively thin.
- If overhanging skin in your lower body leads to the restriction of your mobility and causes painful chafing, rashes or infection.
- If you are distressed by sagging skin in your lower body.
Things to think before a lower body lift
- Loose skin will be removed, and your contour sculpted so that you can see the results of your weight loss.
- You will experience the improved self-esteem that comes from looking better.
- You will get rid of overhanging skin that may cause painful chafing, rashes and infections.
- This is a demanding surgical procedure with a lengthy recovery time.
- You will probably need one to three days of hospitalisation or skilled nursing care at home.
- You will have a scar that will be hidden in the bikini line.
Dr Adnan will be happy to discuss whether this procedure is right for you and how it could transform your life in an initial consultation.
The following are some common reasons why you may want to consider a lower body lift:
- You have undergone bariatric surgery or significant weight loss through dieting.
- Pregnancy and/or ageing have left you with loose skin and cellulite below the waistline.
- You have loose skin on your hips, the sides and fronts of your thighs, inner thighs, and abdomen.
- You have significant skin laxity, excess skin, ptosis (sagginess) of the buttocks and abdominal wall laxity.
- The layers of fat below your loose skin are relatively thin.
- You are willing to accept a thin scar around your waist.
- You do not smoke. Smoking slows down the healing process and increases the risk of serious complications during and after surgery. If you smoke, you must quit at least six weeks before surgery.
- Your weight has been stable for at least a year, with no further weight loss expected. For optimal results, body contouring should not be done for about two years after starting any massive weight-loss program. This time allows your skin to shrink as much as possible and your nutrition to be stabilised and optimised, factors that will aid your recovery.
- You are in overall good health without chronic medical conditions such as diabetes or heart disease. You must obtain clearance for plastic surgery from your primary care physician or doctors treating you for medical conditions.
- You have a healthy diet. Problems such as protein deficiencies can interfere with healing.
- You have mental stamina. Surgical contouring procedures require patience and endurance.
If you are in good general health and have a positive attitude and realistic expectations, you are likely to be a good candidate for this procedure.
Cost of Lower Body Lift in Dubai
For a lower body lift, Dubai, the cost starts from 45,000 AED (excluding VAT). The final cost is determined at the time of consultation, which varies for each individual. Some of the factors that can affect the cost include:
- Type of surgery needed
- Amount of the skin on the lower body area
- Surgeon expertise
- The locality of the clinic.
Are you a good candidate for a lower body lift?
After you’ve worked hard to achieve a healthy weight or have undergone bariatric surgery, you may feel frustrated by your appearance if you have excess skin along the lower abdomen, relaxed abdominal wall muscles and loose and wrinkled skin along the thighs and buttocks. With the scar hidden in the bikini line, a lower body lift can dramatically improve areas of sagging skin and cellulite below the waistline.
Aftercare and Recovery
Recovery is the process of returning to pre-injury function, or as close to it as possible. Aftercare is the process of recovery after surgery. Aftercare for a lower body lift surgery can vary depending on the type of procedure, but generally lower body lift recovery involves resting for about two weeks and staying off your feet as much as possible. In addition, a lower body lift recovery includes wearing the compression garment for at least two weeks and taking anti-inflammatory medications.
Reach out to him right away!