Dramatic weight loss, weight fluctuation or natural ageing frequently results in sagging skin in areas below the waistline. Lower body lift surgery tightens and sculpts the buttocks, back of the thighs, outer thighs, inner thighs, hips and abdomen. Loose skin that doesn’t show you at your best or causes mobility restrictions is removed. A lower body lift is appropriate if you are near your ideal weight and can be done before or after an upper body lift procedure.
When to consider a lower body lift
• If you have had dramatic weight loss due to bariatric surgery or dieting
• If you have relatively thin layers of fat below the skin in the hip, thigh, abdomen and buttock areas
• If overhanging skin in your lower body restricts your mobility and/or causes painful chafing, rashes or infection
• If you are distressed by sagging skin in your lower body.
Things to think about before a lower body lift
• Loose skin will be removed, and your contour sculpted, so you can see the results of your weight loss
• You will experience the improved self-esteem that comes from looking better
• You will get rid of overhanging skin that may cause painful chafing, rashes and infections
• This is a demanding surgical procedure with a lengthy recovery time
• You will probably need one to three days of hospitalisation or skilled nursing care at home
• You will have a scar that will be hidden in the bikini line
Dr Adnan will be happy to discuss whether this procedure is right for you and how it could transform your life in an initial consultation.
The following are some common reasons why you may want to consider a lower body lift:
• You have undergone bariatric surgery or significant weight loss through dieting
• Pregnancy and/or ageing have left you with loose skin and cellulite below the waistline
• You have loose skin on your hips, the sides and fronts of your thighs, your inner thighs and your abdomen
• You have significant skin laxity, excess skin, ptosis (sagginess) of the buttocks and abdominal wall laxity
• The layers of fat below your loose skin are relatively thin
• You are willing to accept a thin scar around your waist
• You do not smoke. Smoking slows down the healing process and increases the risk of serious complications during and after surgery. If you smoke, you must quit at least six weeks before surgery
• Your weight has been stable for at least a year, with no further weight loss expected. For optimal results, body contouring should not be done for about two years after the start of any massive weight-loss program. This time allows your skin to shrink as much as possible and your nutrition to be stabilised and optimised, factors that will aid your recovery.
• You are in overall good health without chronic medical conditions such as diabetes or heart disease. You must obtain clearance for plastic surgery from your primary care physician or from doctors treating you for medical conditions
• You have a healthy diet. Problems such as protein deficiencies can interfere with healing
• You have mental stamina. Surgical contouring procedures require patience and endurance
If you are in good general health and have a positive attitude and realistic expectations, you are likely to be a good candidate for this procedure.
Cost of Lower Body Lift in Dubai
Cost of Lower body lift starts from 45,000 AED (excluding VAT). Final cost is determined at the time of consultation.
Are you a good candidate for a lower body lift?
After you’ve worked hard to achieve a healthy weight or have undergone bariatric surgery, you may feel frustrated by your appearance if you have excess skin along the lower abdomen, relaxed abdominal wall muscles and loose and wrinkled skin along the thighs and buttocks. A lower body lift, with the scar hidden in the bikini line, can dramatically improve areas of sagging skin and/or cellulite below the waistline.