A thigh lift is a procedure to remove excess skin and fat from either the inner or outer thighs. This is perfect for people who have lost a lot of weight after bariatric surgery or through diet and exercise and have been left with excess tissue in their upper thighs. Liposuction can be used alongside this procedure to recontour the inner thigh. If you are committed to maintaining a healthy lifestyle and a moderate weight, a thigh lift can help you regain the sculpted thigh contours of your dreams.
When to consider a thigh lift:
• If you want your thighs to have a better, more proportional contour and a firmer look and feel
• If you have undergone bariatric surgery or massive weight loss
• If you are distressed about loose, flabby skin on your thighs
• If you have difficulty fitting into clothing because of heavy thighs
Are you a good candidate for a thigh lift?
The following are some common reasons why you may want to consider a thigh lift:
• The effects of ageing have led to sagging, cellulite and loose skin on your thighs
• You have lost weight and now want your thighs to reflect your more proportional, toned figure.
• Clothes do not fit properly because of your heavy thighs
• Your thighs make you feel self-conscious and you want to restore your self-assurance regarding your body
Things to think about before a thigh lift
• Clothing and swimwear will fit better
• Your body will appear shapelier and in proportion
• Your thighs will be firmer and appear more youthful, with a curvaceous appearance
• There may be visible scarring
• Where fat has been removed by liposuction, the skin may appear deflated
• A secondary procedure may be needed to correct any unevenness or bumps
If you are in good general health, have a positive attitude and realistic expectations, you are likely to be a good candidate for this procedure.
Dr Adnan will be happy to discuss whether this procedure is right for you and how it could transform your life in an initial consultation.