An upper arm lift, or brachioplasty, reshapes the upper arm to tighten the loose skin and remove the fat that often creates a “bat wing” appearance under the arm. Removing the excess skin caused by weight loss or natural ageing is sometimes used in combination with liposuction to achieve the best results.
When to consider an upper arm lift:
• If your weight is normal, but you feel your shape could be better by getting rid of looseness under the arms
• If you have lost a massive amount of weight and are left with excess upper-arm skin and fat that resemble bat wings
• If you are willing to accept a scar in exchange for shapelier arms
Things to think about before an upper arm lift:
• You will look much better in figure-hugging clothes
• You will have increased confidence and a better self-image
• You will be able to wear short-sleeve or sleeveless clothing without feeling self-conscious
• You will have visible scars along the insides of your arms, extending from the armpit to the elbow
• If your sagging underarm skin is not excessive, an upper arm lift may not be worth the resulting scars (in this case, you could consider limited-incision brachioplasty or liposuction)
• Your surgeon will not be able to predict exactly how your scars will look
Dr Adnan will be happy to discuss whether this procedure is right for you and how it could transform your life in an initial consultation.