Surgery is done in general anaesthesia administration
Night or day stay
Usually, a night stay is required.
The sutures will recover in ten days.
Three days of complete rest are required.
You can get back to work after two weeks.
Complete recovery may require months.
Sleep facing upwards during the first month; rest as much as you can, especially in the first week, avoid strenuous activities, take antibiotics and pain killer medications on a timely basis as prescribed by the surgeon and wear the surgical bra for one month.
Table Of Contents
Upper body lift surgery may consist of one or several procedures, including an upper arm lift, breast lift (or gynecomastia treatment) or surgery to remove fat rolls along the back. Loose, sagging skin resulting from dramatic weight loss can take a toll on your self-confidence. The upper lift body procedures such as liposuction can create firmer and smoother contours, improving your profile and leading to renewed self-confidence.
When to consider an upper body lift
You can consider upper body lift for the following reasons:
- If you have recently undergone massive weight loss through natural means or bariatric surgery.
- If you have excess, sagging skin following pregnancy.
- If your skin hangs around your arms, chest or waist.
- If you have fat rolls around the lower back (“back rolls”), making you conscious in choosing an outfit.
- Liposuction of fat pockets in the upper body results in loose skin, requiring removal.
Who is a good candidate for an upper-body lift?
When you visit Dr Adnan Tahir to seek an upper body lift in Dubai, he would like to analyse your body type, listen to your expectation and gauge the possible changes the procedure can do to your body. But, before drafting a surgery plan, he would check your candidature on the following basis:
- Your vitals: BMI, Blood sugar and blood pressure, to ensure you are in good health and your body is ready for surgery.
- The extent of sagginess, requiring body lift.
- Any medical condition such as allergic to anaesthetic or blood loss tendency.
- Willingness to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Willingness to adopt a pro-active meal plan to make your body ready for surgery and strong for recovery post-surgery.
- Stable weight for the past six months.
- Willingness to quit smoking as smoking slows healing.
- No prevailing chronic health conditions.
Things to know about upper-body lift
The upper body lift imposes harmonious psychological and physical changes to a person’s body. But one must understand upper -body lift results can be sustained only with sustainable lifestyle efforts. Therefore, Dr Tahir would like to elaborate on its merits, limitations, and how to prepare for an upper-body lift in Dubai.
- You can wear fittings clothes as you will appear slimmer.
- Loose and wrinkled skin will be removed.
- Surgery will smoothen uneven fat rolls and bilges that make you self-conscious.
- There will be a scar on-site of the incision, which will subside and vanish after months.
- You will need complete rest in the first week.
- The complete recovery is time taking.
- You will probably need one to three days of hospitalisation or skilled nursing care at home.
- Plan your household or work-related duties before surgery.
What to expect from upper body lift in Dubai?
- Patients can expect slight bruising, bump and redness on the incision site.
- You can have pain in the initial days after surgery that will subside with the prescribed analgesic medications.
- The scar recovery will take time.
- You must have realistic expectations.
- Your contours will be visible after a few days.
- Although rare, you may develop infection and sores in the incision. In that case, contact the surgeon immediately.
Cost of Upper Body Lift:
The cost of an upper-body lift in Dubai starts from 45,000 AED (Excluding VAT). The final cost is determined at the time of consultation. The surgeon considers the following factors while estimating the gross surgery cost.
- The type of body lift you choose: liposuction or surgery
- The extent of upper body lift required
- The cost of other experts consultation
- Cost of tests involved
- Surgeons qualification and expertise
- Compression garments and accessories provided for supporting your body after surgery
Other factors include
- Cost in different countries
- Surgery is done in conjugation to complementary surgery.
- Hospitalisation fee for overnight stay.
For a visibly appealing and safe cosmetic surgery of upper body lift in Dubai, choose Dr Adnan Tahir, one of the most celebrated aesthetic and cosmetic surgeons in Dubai with expertise for over a decade. Feel the exuberance in your appearance with an upper-body lift procedure.
Reach out to him right away!